Sunday, October 4, 2009

I'm ready to be Korean!

Prior to becoming a college student, I have always had the luxury of being able to enjoy Korean food. But I always found myself wanting Mexican or Italian foods instead. Not even during my four years of college did I find myself craving a nice home cooked Korean meal. For whatever reason, I now find myself living in the midwest and really wanting to embrace my Korean food needs. Unfortunately, there are a few things standing in my way of fulfilling my needs:
  1. -The closest Korean market is in Niles, the suburbs. This means that without a car, I am doomed. There needs to be a direct train route to H-Mart!
  2. -Peppy is still in California = No Car = No H-Mart = No Korean food for Meesa
  3. -I can't cook Korean food (or any other food..). My parents always insisted that I learn but never in a million years did I think I would live so far from a short drive to LA or Orange County. Now I find myself calling my Mom to ask her for step-by-step directions on cooking.
Luckily, I am able to tag along with a friend when she goes to H-Mart. But still, I walk around the store with little direction. It is times like these that I really miss having my Mom around for guidance! I plan to make use of my time at home this holiday to learn how to cook with my Mom. But for now, I will take it one step at a time and will only attempt the easiest of meals. I think I will start with Justin's favorite dish, Bibimbap!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...