Saturday, October 24, 2009

Shanghai Adventures

I need to blog more. I need to do a lot of things, more.

As noted in my last blog (last week, yikes!), Justin made it to Shanghai. For the past five days, I believe he has been attending lectures and presentations the majority of the day. On Wednesday, the conference went on an excursion to Zhujiajiao, a water town outside of the city.


According to Justin, Shanghai is shopping heaven. His favorite purchase thus far is a green laser pointer which he haggled and got for ten dollars. He keeps talking about how awesome this laser pointer is, so I am curious as to what the excitement is all about. Justin apparently likes haggling and in Shanghai it is a good skill to have. At some point, Justin even saw a squirrel for sale. I can't help but wonder what you do with a squirrel. But knowing Asians, it is probably something really sad and most definitely something I do not want to know.

On his final day in Shanghai (last night for us here in the states), he took the slower of the two bullet trains (according to Justin, it "only went 120 mph"..!!) to a smaller version of Shanghai. He was not sure of the name. Here he was refused by a man renting bikes. I can't help but laugh. Eventually he found a place and biked around until he had to return the rental. Justin loved riding the piece of crap bike around the city and said it was the most fun he has ever had. Justin finally sent me a picture.. of his beloved bike!


Justin will finally be home tomorrow evening. And I am sure I will have more of his adventures to blog about when he returns. For now, Bones and I will be attending Pooch Pride Parade in Rogers Park. Our friend Courtney will be joining us and Bones will be dressed in his halloween costume! I won't be able to post pictures until Justin is home since he stole my camera cable, but expect an amazing blog soon!

1 comment:

Sarina said...

yay pooch pride! Shanghai looks really nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...