Tuesday, January 5, 2010

St. Louis


Justin and I traveled to St. Louis for our first away game this season. We took Bones to daycamp and the pet hotel and made the four hour drive to Missouri. During the drive, temperatures dropped to as low as -7 degrees. That is without a doubt a record for Peppy and I was shocked to find that my car had the ability to display negative numbers.




We had a slight set back with our jerseys because of the holiday. We dropped off our jerseys for customization before we left for California, hoping they would be done before we returned. Unfortunately, our jerseys had not arrived and we were jersey-less for our big trip to St. Louis. We decided to buy another set of jerseys to wear to the St. Louis game and duck taped the tags to the sleeve so that we could return the jerseys after our return.

The minute we stepped out of the parking lot and began the walk towards the Scott Trade Center, the honking and yelling began. Being yelled and cussed at by strangers was quite terrifying (in my opinion) and I was shocked by how intensely people hated us. Some guy even had the nerve to look me straight in the eye and flip me off as if I personally offended him somehow.


I guess the St. Louis fans hated us because Blackhawks fans saturated the Scott Trade Center and they must have known that they had no chance! The Hawks were victorious and our trip was 100% worth it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...