Saturday, January 23, 2010

Trekkie Hardships

The old Meesa loved:
  • The Los Angeles Lakers
  • Being a cheerleader in high school
  • To hate physics
  • Clothes
  • Wearing heels

The new Meesa loves:
  • The Chicago Blackhawks
  • A forecast of snow
  • To Hate physics
  • Not wearing heels
  • STAR TREK
Ok, seriously. When did I become a completely different person? Actually, I know the answer to this. But really, a Trekkie?

In the past year and a half, I have completely engulfed myself in episodes of Star Trek. We are not talking about the three seasons of The Original Series or the retarded new movie that came out last year. We are talking,
  • three seasons of The Original Series (Captain Kirk, Spock and Leonard McCoy)= about 80 episodes
  • all of The Original Series movies
  • six and a half seasons out of seven of The Next Generation (Captain Picard, Riker, Data and Worf) = 140 episodes
This is a shocking amount of Star Trek. The craziest thing? There is still so much Star Trek left. The hardest part of being a fan of Star Trek is the emotional difficulty of leaving one crew behind for a new group of Federation crew members. I had fallen in love with the members of The Original Series when we ran out of episodes and began watching episodes of The Next Generation. I was heartbroken as Justin force-fed me a new Captain Picard and a stupid android named Data. I resisted for as long as I possibly could, only to find myself accepting the fact that I was ready to move on. I now love Data and consider Picard a better captain than Kirk.

Throughout six seasons, I have become accustomed to my new crew on the new Enterprise star ship. And what happens when you get comfortable? Justin announces that it is time for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

My first love was The Original Series


Then I accepted The Next Generation and grew to love them as well...


...but really? Another crew? No thanks. There just isn't enough room in my human heart for another crew. Not to mention the fact that Deep Space Nine doesn't even take place on a star ship. How much excitement can take place on a space station?



I would like to use this opportunity to warn future Star Trek fans. If you become easily attached to things or people, you may want to reconsider becoming a Trek fan.

Booo Deep Space Nine, BOO! Go away! You're not welcome!

note: for those who did not understand anything I wrote in this blog, I apologize!

1 comment:

Sarina said...

lol "boo! you're not welcome!" ahhaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...