Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break: New York City


Greetings from the east coast! We finally made it to New York on Monday night. We were able to get on a flight to Washington D.C. and bought tickets to New York in order to avoid spending the night at the airport. We have been wasting absolutely no time since we arrived. The next morning, we were up (after very little sleep) and headed straight to Central Park. The park was only a few blocks from our hotel so it was easy to find our way there. Central Park is unbelievably large, and one of the best places in NYC. We never made it back to the park after our first visit, but I hope to someday come back and further explore the park-preferably in the fall.

Our second stop was Rockefeller Center. We spent a few minutes staring at the ice skating rink and decided to head up to Top of the Rock observation deck. Our only hope was that it would not be as disappointing as the Space Needle in Seattle was. Before going up the elevator, they take your picture on a pseudo-ledge background. In the past, every time Justin and I take one of these, he always manages to have his eyes closed. I asked him to keep his eyes open this time, but when we went down after the observation deck to view our picture, he once again failed and I was unable to buy the photo. At the top of the observation deck, we were able to see the entire city! The weather has been in our favor, and we perfectly clear skies both days. I am told that the weather is amazing, but I still found myself really cold, especially at night.

I don't think I have the time to describe in full detail everything we accomplished in our few days in the city (at the moment), but I will definitely attempt it in phases. Blogging at the end of the day has proven to be quite difficult. But hopefully we have more "sit down" time since we won't be running around trying to fulfill our jam-packed itinerary. Our flight to D.C. is currently delayed, and American Airlines is a huge rip off. They made us check our carry-on for fifteen dollars a piece. And I am pretty sure I have seen some people in the terminal with larger luggage than ours.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...