Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break: Stony Brook

Delayed flights are a nightmare. We read, ate McDonald's and Justin even managed to keep me from buying Obama gear as we waited. Regardless, our flight eventually departed and I got the best seat on the flight. The only downside was that Justin had to sit by a stranger, while I sat in the very front of a row with single seats. After departure, I gazed out my window, observing the beauty of the clouds and fell asleep. Once we arrived, we rented a card at Hertz and drove to Stony Brook. The freeways in NY are much slower than freeways at home.

Stony Brook is very woodsy (if that is a word). Its very mountain-like with one lane roads and ancient looking gas stations. I am certain that it is a beautiful place, but I personally am not a fan. The area seems too uneventful, and I fear being bored. Justin on the other hand, loves it here. On top of not liking the area, I drove around campus while waiting for Justin for half an hour. Finding parking proved to be a difficult task, and I decided to sit and wait for someone to leave near me. After waiting for ten minutes, a man walks up to my window to let me know that he was leaving. I put the car in reverse and waited for him to pull out of the parking spot. Suddenly a jeep comes around the corner. The lady in the jeep then proceeded to pull into my parking spot. &*!%$!! In pure anger, I pulled up behind her and she would not get out of the car. I yelled at her with the windows closed and in her side mirror, I could see her yelling back. I gave her the finger and drove away. I am not a fan of Stony Brook. Did I mention that already?

We ate dinner at an Indian restaurant called the Curry Club. I ordered tofu tikka masala and Justin gave in and ordered the special of the night. At the table next to us, the man was brought his dinner. It was a huge piece of lamb leg or something-very similar to the whole piece of meat with the large bone cavemen are portrayed to eat. Justin turned to me and said, "I hope that's not what I ordered." As we wait, he begins to realize that there is a good chance that he and and the man next to us ordered the same special. He was absolutely right. The waiter brought Justin his own plate of a lamb leg in a red sauce which Justin described as looking like blood. He ate it, but at one point he looked over at my delicious tikka masala and made a sad, jealous and regretful puppy face. At least his garlic naan was spectacular!

2 comments:

Sarina said...

I always ask you questions on facebook and then later find all the answers in your blog posts. I need to change my order of sites I visit lol. The lamb thing sounds a bit scary.

Rees said...

Sounds really nice to me, Meesa but I know that's not what you like. The picture of you and Justin in front of the Statue of Liberty is really nice.
Love you guys

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...